As you read this I am on my way to Manila, in the Philippines. It is a looooong way from Texas to Manila, taking about 26 hours of travel time. The longest leg by far is from DFW to Tokyo, clocking in just over 13 hours. Luckily, I have gotten an upgrade to business class for the trip out there (I should find out if I got one on the way back this week), which will make things a lot more comfortable. But there are still a few things that I need to make this trek as easy as possible. I’ve posted about this before, both what I took and how those things ended up working out (part 1 and part 2). While my list has significantly diminished, I am taking some tried and true items, as well as testing out a few new things. I’ll report back once I get home!
My comfort items, all in my fabulous Lo and Sons O.G. tote:
- Cabin cuddler. I’m taking this new item instead of a full blanket. In theory, its interesting shape will completely cover you but is less bulky than a traditional blanket.
- Pashmina. Of course!
- Eye mask. A must for good sleeping! Combine this with the White Noise app on my phone and a Tylenol PM, and I will be out like a light.
- Toiletry bag. I have to have lotion, lip balm, face cleansing wipes, toothbrush and toothpaste, and face spray. Otherwise I will get all dried out.
- Slippers. Definitely one of the winners from last time. This way I don’t have to put my shoes on every time I want to get up on the plane.
- Compression socks. Now that I know how well these work, I will never travel overseas without them.
- Kindle, knitting, magazine, journal. Have to entertain myself! With these items and the in-flight movies, I should be good even for 13 hours.
I am also taking a variety of food so I have healthy snacks when I arrive.
- Crystal Lite
- Dove Darks
- Laughing Cow cheese
I tried to pack so I could carry on, but then my suitcase was just too heavy. Oh well, maybe next time!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.