MileCards.com surveyed 1600 members of frequent flier programs to find out which programs people are happy with. The results? Southwest wins by a mile, with US Airways losing almost every category.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards is #1 in satisfaction with 62% of members very likely to recommend the program. United leads among the U.S. global carriers with 55%. US Airways is last, at 43%.
- US Airways miles are 2x more likely to be considered worthless than those of global peers United, Delta, and American.
- Nearly half say they earn most of their miles on the ground via credit cards and other methods. Chase Ultimate Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards cardholders are most satisfied.
- United MileagePlus members are the most loyal. 41% of United members say they nearly always choose United because of its miles.
- Members do not trust airline programs to deliver on promises. Airline programs are deemed less trustworthy than banks, cable, and telephone companies.
- Delta’s website is named the toughest for finding and redeeming awards.
I totally agree with the results—I would recommend Southwest Rapid Rewards to anyone trying to earn domestic tickets, especially if they don’t care about upgrades. With our credit card spend alone we earn almost enough for a one-way ticket every month. That being said, I’m not surprised people don’t trust airline programs to deliver on promises—it seems like there are devaluations every month!
Readers, which program is your favorite?
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.