Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Are you traveling while pregnant like me? Be sure you wear compression socks. I didn’t realize how badly I needed compression socks on every flight until it was too late. I was in Florida for two weeks during my first pregnancy, and my ankles puffed up on the flight there and never really deflated. Finally I stopped in a drugstore to get a new pair. Even on short flights your ankles can swell, so just wear the darned things so you don’t have to worry about your shoes not fitting when you arrive.
Week in review:
- A change is coming to the Road Warriorette house….. What could it be?? From the Road Warriorette homefront….
- Do you always feel safe at hotels? After a recent experience I don’t know if I ever will again. Why I will always use the safety latch at a hotel.
- Love this gorgeous travel laptop purse from Mobile Edge! Travel bag of the week: Mobile Edge Sumo 13-inch Laptop Purse.
- What was going on this time in years past? Posts from the past.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Some good tips. 6 guaranteed ways to sleep on an airplane. via @USATodayTravel
- Important info for Pre-Check users. Managed Inclusion – I Won’t Miss You. via @MJ on Travel
- Some of these might work, but mostly it’s get on the upgrade list and cross your fingers. The Most Effective Tactics for Getting Upgraded When Flying. via @YahooNews
Comment of the week:
- This week I did a post on why I will always use the safety latch at a hotel. @Misha is our comment of the week and said
“Was on a business trip 4000 miles away from home, visiting a large city, staying at a hotel assigned to me by my employer. The room was to be shared with a co-worker who would be arriving four hours later.In my hotel alone I received a knock at the door. Somewhat surprised, I went to the hotel room door and stood behind a locked door and asked who it was at the door. I was advised it was the police and they asked for me to open the door. This seemed odd to me.
I did not unlock the door nor did I convey any suspicion.
My response. I politely advised I will call the front desk to have some one from management come to my floor and to please wait.
I phoned the front desk and advised the police were at my hotel room door. The front desk informed me they did not notify the police. The front desk also could not be bother to follow up either.
The strange man at the door left and nothing happened. It just seemed strange to me and I am glad I listened to my intuition. I would say if someone comes to your hotel door and says it is the “police” or “security,” I would again not open the door and advise to the stranger you will be calling the front desk.
This is why I prefer travelling by cruises. I feel safe and do not have to be on hyper alert when traveling. Yes, I am in a bubble but health and safety come first.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.