Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- This weekend we are in Las Vegas for BoardingArea’s blog conference. The Home Warrior and I had a couple of special requests for our hotel reservation and called a few days before our trip to try and get those requests. I wasn’t able to get exactly what we wanted, but when I pressed further the nice lady said to try the front desk at check-in for a better chance of getting accommodated. I’m always a little hesitant to wait until check-in to try and get extras but went for it (this is Vegas right?). I have to say I was pretty impressed with the results this time. Not only did we get the items we were looking for but we also got two meal credits because it was our 10-year dating anniversary. So my travel tip this week is to try and call first for getting special accommodations and if you don’t get quite what you’re wanting give check-in requests a chance. It may not work every time but in my experience in-person requests work much more in your favor than phone requests.
Week in review:
- Ugh. People on cell phones need to watch where they’re going. Too Connected: Cell phones and airports.
- Do you think hotel housekeeping should be tipped? Tipping hotel housekeeping.
- Anything strange ever kept your plane from the gate? Only in Vegas.
- Professional backpacks do exist. Here are three great ones. 3 professional backpacks for business travel.
- The Filson Twill and Tweed Original Briefcase is so cool! A great bag for fall. Travel bag of the week: Filson Twill and Tweed Original Briefcase.
- Dry air means chapped lips. Avoid them with creamy lipstick! Beauty Thursday: Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Reminder: Get a $30 Credit Towards Your 1st Ride With Uber! via @MilMileSecrets
- JetBlue passengers endure frightening emergency landing. via @CNNTravel
- Social media campaign shames airline passengers. via @todayshow
- Stolen cell phone racks up $500,000 bill in a single day. via @CNNTravel
- New Abbey Road live cam is 24-hours a day of Beatles wannabes. via @foxnewstravel
- Five airport services you should be using. via @USATodayTravel
- The grind of air travel: Where did it all go wrong? via @USATodayTravel
Comment of the week:
- @Karen posted a comment on the post I did about tipping hotel housekeeping. “I always tip because I used to be a housekeeper at a motel when I was in high school back in the 80′s & know it’s a hard job. Even better than getting a tip back then was when a stay-over didn’t require service. I could spend a little longer cleaning the check-out rooms & still be done by the time I was expected to finish. So now I do all the things I used to love from guests – throw away my own soap, put all trash in/by the trash can, don’t require my room to be cleaned when I’m staying for a couple days & tip at the end.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my new page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RoadWarriorette @ gmail.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.