After the large amount of business travel I did in the last few months (ten trips in four months, including that two week conference!), I really started thinking about things I pack for every trip. There’s the obvious stuff, like clothes and makeup. But then there’s the less obvious stuff—my little bag of office supplies, for example, or face wipes. So I went through all over my various packing lists and put together this comprehensive version. Most of this, like the toiletries, comfort bag, office supplies bag, chargers, travel umbrella, and pashmina, live in my suitcase or travel purse so I never have to mess with them. It looks like a lot, but I make good use of every last thing!
In the suitcase:
- Skirt or pants for every two days
- Top for every day
- Flip flops/sneakers (depending on time of year)
- Two pairs of work shoes
- Sleep clothes
- Workout clothes
- Socks (if needed)
- Curling Iron
- Purse stuff: wallet, keys, phone, lipstick
- Dollar bills for tipping
- Passport, any necessary itinerary papers (especially for international travel)
- Snacks/water (usually purchased at the airport)
- Business cards
- Office supplies (in a small bag): pen, highlighter, notepad, wireless mouse, binder clips, flash drive, headphones with microphone
- Comfort items (in a small bag): Emergen-C, eye mask, lip balm, tea bags, Splenda, ibuprofen, tums
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Hydrating mist
- Eye cream (spare contacts case)
- Moisturizer (spare contacts case)
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Contact case and solution
- Hair cream (spare contacts case)
- Face wipes
- Feminine products
Readers, did I miss anything? What do you take on every trip?
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.