Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Having trouble with connecting to your hotel Wi-Fi network? It happens to all of us. See if your hotel has an old school hard-wired connection to connect via Ethernet cable. You’ll often see these connections on or near the desk in your room. Connecting via Ethernet provides a much smoother and faster connection. I recommend a long compact retractable Ethernet cable such as this eight foot one from Belkin. Sometimes the hotel will have a non-removable Ethernet cable built in to the wall or desk. Problem with this is the cable is often not very long which doesn’t give you a lot of flexibility on where you work in your room. When this happens you’ll need an adapter to connect your longer cable to the hotels Ethernet cable.
Week in review:
- After a long period of frequent travel I start losing my mind (and forget important items!). How do you cope when you’re on the road all of the time? Business travel basics.
- Where does this door lead to??? What strange things have you noticed when taking a road trip? Watch your step!
- More frustrations with TSA. TSA scanner didn’t read my boarding pass.
- Not sure how to manage your hair on business trips? #BizTravelGals Carol Margolis from Smart Women Travelers and Road Warriorette chat about products, tools, and tips for great travel hair. #BizTravelGals Let’s talk travel hair!
- Business trips are stressful! Relax with a bubble bath if you get the chance. Beauty Monday: Indulge with a bath bomb.
- Which Hilton HHonors year-end promotion would you like to win? Quick Hilton HHonors year-end promotion poll.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- What the heck Marriott! Hotel fined for blocking guests’ Wi-Fi. via @CNNTravel
- A few NY Times etiquette tips for when traveling to China. Decoding Etiquette in China, Handshakes to Meals. via @nytimestravel
- Fly me to the moon. New travel report says we’ll be vacationing on the Moon by 2024. via @FoxNewsTravel
- I thought this had some good advice. 9 ways to improve odds you’ll book a flight using frequent flyer miles. via @FoxNewsTravel
- Now you know. Ask the Captain: Could parachutes increase flight safety? via @USATODAYtravel
Comment of the week:
- @Darth Chocolate posted a comment on the post I did on Business travel basics. “Got you beat! I have been in the US precisely 6 whole days since mid-July. So I do longer-term long haul travel. I board a flight in approximately 12 hours to go home for a week, then back to China for another 4. I would add the following to your list…” . Read the rest of the comment here
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RoadWarriorette @ gmail.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.