You may have seen it around, and I’m the first to admit it looks goofy. I remember seeing the Cabin Cuddler at Bed, Bath, and Beyond several months ago and thinking, What the heck is that thing? Then I was sent one to review. Although I was reluctant at first, I’m a convert. In a nutshell, it is the coziest, easiest to carry travel blanket and pillow combo I have ever used.
What it is:
A travel blanket cut to the contours of your body, with a pocket for your feet. It also comes with a blow up pillow.
- It is so, so cozy. Wrapping yourself in it feels like wrapping yourself in pure blissful comfort. This is due to the cut that allows you to cover your entire body, not to mention the pocket for your feet. The material is a very thin fleece that is soft, smooth, and warm against your skin.
- It’s very easy to carry. It folds up into a very flat package, which is quite convenient to just slip into your bag. If you don’t want to do that, the handle includes a clip to attach it to the outside of your bag.
- It includes a pillow. There is a blow up pillow included. That may not sound that awesome, but when you slip it inside the fleece-lined case (which is the carrying case, flipped inside out), it feels great.
- It’s long enough. I’m fairly tall (5’7”), and traditional travel blankets won’t cover me from toe to neck—especially not those tiny airplane blankets! The longer ones I’ve found have been too bulky to travel practically. But this one actually covered my entire frame.
The less good:
- It still looks goofy. But you know what? It was so great on the flight home from Manila that I didn’t care.
- Getting it back into the carrying case is a little tricky. With practice it gets easier to do it nicely, but I’m not sure I would bust it out for a flight less than three hours.
Overall, I recommend this to anyone who flies on long flights in coach. It would make a great holiday gift for the frequent international traveler in your life!