Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Give Uber a try! I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first when I heard about ridesharing services such as Uber, but I have to say I’ve been really happy with my experience overall. I’ve been using it for five months now and it has been really convenient when I’m traveling in New York and don’t want to rent a car. It’s super easy to locate a ride using their app, you can choose drivers that have the best reviews, and when the ride is over it automatically charges my card and emails me a receipt so I can get on my way without delay. So if you haven’t tried them yet give it a shot! Be sure to also check out my post on my first Uber experience.
Week in review:
- What do you need to pack for a three week business trip? Packing for a three week business trip (4 Responses)
- Ever wish you could go back to the days of no inflight wifi? Missing the days of no inflight wifi (5 Responses)
- Traveling is stressful, but when you add work into the mix stress can go through the roof. See my post with ways to help cope with all the stress that is part and parcel of business travel. Coping with stress before takeoff (Leave a Response)
- Trying to decide between a hard sided and soft sided suitcase? Hard sided vs. soft sided suitcases (10 Responses)
- Safety is important to keep in mind when you’re traveling alone. 5 Travel Safety Tips (Leave a Response)
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- US lawmaker:Time to make Europeans apply for visas. via @YahooNews
- Airbus has a design for an in-flight sensory deprivation helmet. via @foxnewstravel
- Just Fly It: Nike Unveils High-Tech Team Plane For Pro Athletes.via @yahootravel
- Working Through Your First Trimester. via @corporette
- Are your travel standards too low? via@usatodaytravel
- Southwest confirms new look for its planes. via @usatodaytravel
- Is Chase Going to Shut You Down? via @MilMileSecrets
Comment of the week:
- @Laura shares her opinion on a post I did about Hard sided vs. soft sided suitcases. “I switched over to hard sided cases about five years ago and I am SO happy I did. I could care less about protection of my stuff, since as Lady Light Travel points out, I don’t check my bag and it’s with me 99% of the time. But my hard sided bag is very lightweight (it’s the relatively cheap Heys X-Case) and VERY small – to the point where colleagues have commented in an impressed way on its small size. With a hard sided case……” Read the rest of the comment here.
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my new page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RoadWarriorette @ gmail.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.