Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- After the mess that happened yesterday in Chicago it’s a good reminder to check your flight status before you leave for the airport. It’s also a good idea to anticipate delays. Read my recent post on preparing for delays.
Week in review:
- Million Mile Secrets, thanks for interviewing me!! It was fun. Ready to go back to Puerto Rico now. “The Advice for Women Was Wait Until They Got to Their Destination to Put Their “Nylons” On”
- I love wearing white but it has one big drawback! Why you should always keep bleach pens in your suitcase.
- Is it rude to skip the deplaning line? How do you deal with rude passengers? Is it rude to not wait for the people ahead to deplane?
- Cognac is my favorite color for accessories right now. These gorgeous Jack Rogers shoes are a great example. Wardrobe Wednesday: Jack Rogers Chantel Ballet Flats.
- Sometimes even the most experienced travelers mess up at security. TSA Blunders.
- High tech isn’t always the answer. Awesome low-tech solutions to travel problems.
- Congressman Grayson, a democrat out Florida, has asked the U.S. Department of Transportation to investigate the airlines’ frequent-flyer program policies. What do you think about the federal government regulating frequent flyer programs? Should airline loyalty programs be regulated?
- This week’s business travel bag has a gorgeous color and ladylike lines. Travel bag of the week: GRACESHIP London Laptop Bag.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Be sure to check out Pearls of Travel Wisdom’s BAcon 2014 3 day coverage. BAcon 2014 – Day 3 Follow-Up and Connect Post-Conference. via @smartwomentrav
- Good to know your options when your flight is canceled. Flight cancellation leads to unwanted connection – I want compensation! via @awayishome
- Now I know where to go! Photos: The Best Airport Food in the World. via @CNTraveler
- Check out this NY Times article on crowded flights. A Recipe for Air Rage. via @nytimestravel
- Great article on cleanliness of airplanes. The Trouble With Keeping Commercial Flights Clean. via @WSJ
- Good dog! KLM uses passenger-sniffing dog to return lost items to customers. via @FoxNewsTravel
- Interesting article on airline seat space. Think airline seats have gotten smaller? They have via @usatodaytravel
- People, what are you thinking??? Seriously, who does this on a flight?! via @CNNTravel
- Great post from Mommy Points! Leaving Las Vegas Behind. via @mommy_points
Comment of the week:
- @Anne posted a comment on the post I did asking Is it rude to not wait for the people ahead to deplane? “I actually think that there is a two-fold thing here. If you’ve got your things out of the overhead bins/hand luggage and are ready to get into the aisle and leave, then people rushing from behind is rude. If you’ve still got to unload your stuff, standing inside the aisle seat, while you get your stuff is polite, so people can get by. Thus they’re not rude, and it is an efficient unloading of the plane.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RoadWarriorette @ gmail.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.