Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Build a capsule business travel wardrobe. This can be done by making sure that each of your pieces can be worn together. This should give you just about unlimited outfit possibilities, so you don’t feel like you’re wearing the same thing every day. Read my Building a Business Travel Wardrobe post to learn more.
Week in review:
- Don’t empty your wallet for hair products. Here are 10 quality travel hair products for under $20. 10 travel hair products under $20.
- Solving business travel problems creatively. Interesting crowd-funding ideas for business travel.
- A small tool that simplifies travel beauty! Look great on the road quickly and easily. Beauty Tuesday: Beauty Blender Travel Kit.
- I’m always fascinated by the different types of luggage, & when www.caseluggage.com made me aware of their timeline on the history of luggage I had to share. Era of Luggage.
- In case you weren’t aware. Travel Etiquette: Knocking people down is not polite.
- Not sure how to incorporate the latest fashion trends into your business travel wardrobe? Here are a few suggestions! Fall trends to add to your business travel wardrobe.
- We are about to embark on one of the biggest travel seasons of the year. With all the infrequent travelers soon to take to the skies, I wanted to pass along some of my favorite suitcase etiquette tips. Top 5 suitcase etiquette tips.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Please don’t allow calls on planes! DOT consumer panel hears clash about calls on planes. via @USATODAY
- Interesting survey results. Are Fliers Hypocrites? People Complain About Legroom, But What They Really Want Are Cheap Tickets. via @YahooTravel
- It’s here! The New AAdvantage Program. via @MJonTravel
Comments of the week:
This week I wrote a post on my Top 5 suitcase etiquette tips.
“(1) Don’t bring more than 2 items to the gate. Annoys the heck out of me.
(2) Paper shopping bags. I cannot believe that people bring these onto planes and expect them NOT to tear. Really, people! (I am amazed how often I see this.)
(3) Open shopping or tote bags of any kind. Why would anyone think this is a good idea on a plane? Whether in the overhead or under the seat, there’s an excellent chance that stuff will fall out and roll around.
Thank you for letting me vent!”
@ Darth Chocolate wrote “The only exception to “One bag in the overhead” is when you are sitting in a bulkhead and there is no place to stow your bag under the seat in front of you.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.