Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Summer time is here again! The rain has slowed down in much of the country but it won’t be long before it’s back. What does this mean for business travelers? Weather delays, of course. Make sure to check your flight status before leaving for the airport. You can also use the Flight Aware app to see where your actual plane is. And pack an umbrella!
Week in review:
- Packing everything you need for a week can be daunting if you’ve never done it before. Here are my packing tips for a 5-day business trip. Packing tips for a 5-day business trip.
- Many of us learned to share in grade school, but some business travelers could use a refresher course! Some travel etiquette tips. Travel etiquette: Sharing is caring, at least during travel.
- The IATA is recommending a new, smaller size for carry-on luggage be adopted across international airlines. What do you think? Poll: Is consistency across airlines worth a smaller carry-on?
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Well that sounds like a great deal! How to save 20% on every Uber ride for a year. via @YahooFinance
- An entertaining snapshot of Elite status right now. Facing Elite Bloat, Airlines Move the Goal Posts. via @nytimestravel
- I love this. But if a quiet room isn’t available use a white noise app! How to Find a Truly Quiet Hotel Room. via @nytimestravel
- Not their finest hour, that’s for sure. American Airlines allegedly forces wheelchair-bound hip hop artist to crawl onto plane. via @usatodaytravel
- Interesting! Had no idea about any of these. Bizarre dining etiquette rules around the world. via @FoxNewsTravel
- This could be really useful for women on the road all the time. Women’s health, by App. via @nytimestravel
Comment of the week:
- This week I did a post asking readers if consistency across airlines is worth a smaller carry-on. @M McCown is our comment of the week and said
“I think something needs to be done, whether it is enforcement or new rules, I am tired of waiting for almost every single flight to leave in time because someone is trying to shove “50 pounds of fat into a 5 pound sack”. I know that sounds harsh but having been bonked on the head by an oversize bag poorly placed by some poor clueless traveler, I am (as the kids say) over it.
Just having completed a month in Australia and New Zealand and carrying just a Longchamps Le Pliage and a Lucas Underseater, I know space can be maximized. Granted I am a minimalist and a bit obsessive about packing light, but I am sure most people can adapt.
Let me add that a lot of my packing light advice was found on this very blog!“
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.