There are about five movies (or sets of movies) that I would watch, any time. Intellectually I know that these are not the best movies of all time, but they are so highly entertaining that I can view them over and over and never get tired of them. Any time USA or TNT or one of the other cable channels is showing one, I will leave it on that channel. Even if I’m not actively watching it, I will enjoy it while I’m, say, folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen. Writing my list down, I’m realizing there is a theme….. Here are my top five:
1) The Princess Bride. Best dialogue ever. My Number One movie of all time.
2) The Mummy, The Mummy 2. Don’t judge, please. Brendan Frasier is a hot, smart, tough action hero who loves his girl. Rachel Weiss is gutsy and clever. What’s not to love? (The Mummy 3 was terrible. Terrible. Made me very sad.)
3) Independence Day. Will Smith. Enough said.
4) The Bourne Trilogy. Matt Damon is the baddest action hero around, IMO. And the car chases are so awesome they hurt my brain.
5) True Lies. Hysterical plot, great special effects, bad guys get it in the end. And Jamie Lee Curtis doing a strip-tease.
At Blog World, I stayed in the Westin Bonaventure in downtown LA. It was my first time in LA, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But imagine how excited I was when I saw this plaque on the elevator leading to my room:
In case you can’t read it, it says, “This is one of two elevators used in filming “TRUE LIES” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. September 1993.” Staying in the hotel where part of one of my top five movies was shot? Yes!!!
Readers, what are your top five movies? What kind of super cool things have you seen while traveling?
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.