Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Sometimes business travelers have to drive long distances for work. When doing this your body can really start to stiffen up. To help loosen up try to do some simple movement exercises while you drive. Bend your arms, legs, neck, shoulder, back, and ankles as often as you are comfortable with. This should help loosen you up and help promote blood flow. My mother in-law is a big believer in this and safely does so when cruise control is on. Also, it’s not a bad idea to do this on flights either!
Week in review:
- What does it take to get to Raleigh? More than you think. A fire, a bird strike, and three planes to get to Raleigh.
- Save some time with dry shampoo! Beauty Monday: Dry Shampoo.
- Should spouses with different Southwest boarding passes be able to board together in the earlier group? Southwest boarding issue.
- It’s still possible to maintain a professional, stylish look even during a downpour. Rain during business travel.
- Make your flying time as pleasant as possible. How to deal with in-flight stress.
- Quick boarding pass tip for my post today. Don’t fold your boarding pass on the bar code!
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- My favorite! Regional fast food: Why Whataburger is worth a stop. via @USATodayTravel
- Here’s some helpful tips. Seven tips to score travel deals on social media. via @USATodayTravel
- Be sure to check this out. What’s the Cheapest Day to Buy Tickets for Your Next Trip? via @garyleff
- A beautiful suit pick from Corporette!! Suit of the Week: Armani. via @ Corporette
- Whee! The suitcase you can ride to the airport via @CNNTravel
- Now you know! Ask the Captain: Do taxiways require a road map? via @USATodayTravel
- Only one chance to make a 1st impression! 12 Tips to Making Your Best First Impression. @PatriciaRossi
- Oh dear. Meet the ‘Suitsy’ — the Adult Onesie That Could Transform Business Travel. via @yahootravel
- Here’s a helpful article from Million Mile Secrets. Is it Better to Sign-Up for Multiple Cards Each Quarter or Cherry-Pick the Biggest Bonuses? via @MilMileSecrets
Comment of the week:
- On a post I did this week about rain during business travel @Elle had this to say “I think you’ve got it covered. I never ever wear skirts or dresses, though, so I try to wear straighter slacks in wet weather. No question, NYC in the rain is a challenge. You have to look ahead to make sure you don’t run into someone with your umbrella (or vice versa), and you have to look down to make sure you’re not stepping into a massive puddle. You have to juggle the umbrella, purse, and other bag you may be carrying. Good luck opening the door to an office building or cab. And don’t even think carrying about a cup of coffee.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com .
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!