Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- On my last trip to NY I woke up with paper cut-like cuts on my hand. I know I didn’t cut my finger so it must be that my skin is just that dry. With frequent hand washing and dryer air, skin is that much more vulnerable to small cuts during the winter months. It’s for that reason that I recommend traveling with a small thing of Neosporin to Go.
Week in review:
- Not sure how to eat well on a business trip? Here’s some tips to make it easier. Eating well during business travel.
- Not sure when to leave something off your business travel packing list? Here are some reasons clothes get crossed off my list. When not to pack something.
- There seems to be some confusion about what needs to be taken out of your bag at airport security checkpoints. Do you have to take tablets out at security?
- Cooler weather is finally, finally arriving in Texas, which means every lady you see is wearing boots. Here are a few recommendations for finding the best boots for business travel. Wardrobe Wednesday: Boots for business travel.
- When you travel week after week for months on end you begin to realize just how much you sacrifice for your job. Here a few ways I try to minimize the impact of business travel on my life and my family. The sacrifices of a business traveler.
- For some reason I’ve been asked a lot lately what I think is the best time to leave for business trips. My answer is always, it depends! Poll: When is your favorite time to leave for trips?
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Unbelievable. Airline Fee Revenue To Hit Record $49.9B, Study Says. via @NBCNews
- Good tips for end of year travel. End-of-year tune-up tips for savvy travelers. via @ TodayShow
- Making flying more fun? I’m in! Southwest, Beats Music partner to offer in-flight tunes. via @USATodayTravel
- I believe it. U.S., Asian workers are not using their vacation. via @CNNTravel
- Great tips from Mommy Points. Plan a Last Minute Holiday Trip Using Miles. via @Mommy_Points
- Love these shoes and coats on Corporette. Weekend Open Thread (and, Nordstrom Clearance Roundup for Shoes, Coats, and Lingerie). via @
Comments of the week:
This week I wrote a post on the sacrifices of a business traveler. @Sylvia is our comment of the week and wrote the following: “I employ one of the working mom jedi mind tricks – the first time only counts if it’s the first time for you! my little guy walked at daycare for the first time but I ignored that milestone and only documented the time he did so at home in front of me. I also plan the weekend activities before I leave so that my husband doesn’t stress about entertainment. I put everything into a Google doc and Google Cal, and leave hard copies of the schedule and the tickets in a folder. I always fear that they would just spend the weekend in front of the TV without me! I alert the daycare about my travel as well, and my boss/team if my husband is the one who travels. in addition to food (making a couple of meals in advance + stocking the fridge) I also make sure we’ve done all the laundry. The last full work day before my departure (i.e. Thursday if I leave on Friday) I work from home so I can finish packing and can concentrate on family time on my last evening/day with my guys. my husband knows that as much as I miss them, I also love the time on my own (sleep! someone else cooks and cleans for me) and I try to make thing as easy for him as possible.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Be sure to also check out my page on the best carry-on luggage brands!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.