Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- I learned this particular tip recently and love it. Ever have trouble keeping up with your bobby pins? Go eat a package of Tic Tacs and then store your pins in there. Problem solved!
Week in review:
- Not sure how to choose where to stay for an upcoming business trip? Here are the ways I decide on a business travel hotel. Choosing a business travel hotel.
- On Monday American Airlines announced a bonus based on class and fare type during 2015. My thoughts on the announcement. Sign of what’s to come.
- Dealing with tolls can be frustrating. Here are a few of my own toll mishaps. Toll roads, rental cars, and billing.
- With gorgeous style, plentiful pockets, and great construction this Samsonite Camelot Laptop Tote makes a great business travel purse. Travel bag of the week: Samsonite Camelot Laptop Tote.
- Not a frequent flier? Here are a few ways to get through the airport as quickly and easily as possible. 3 tips to get through the airport quickly.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Your questions answered. So, When Can We Travel to Cuba? via @smartwomentrav
- Beware! Airlines most likely to lose your luggage. via @FoxNewsTravel
- Good for airports! Best new airport amenities in 2014. via @USATodayTravel
- Looks like more of the same for 2015. Airfare forecast: How to get the best deals in 2015. via @USATodayTravel
- Bonus miles are always good! American: Premium fliers will get bonus miles in 2015. via @USATodayTravel
- Here’s some helpful tips from @corporette. Finding Quality Time With Your Kids as a Working Mom.
- Tips for finding healthy food even in unhealthy airports. A Frequent Flier’s Guide to Airport Eating. via @outsidemagazine
Comments of the week:
- This week I wrote a post about about Toll roads, rental cars, and billing in which @claire wrote “Normally rental cars have toll passes built in, but on a recent trip in the US (I’m based in Canada), I somehow ended up on a toll road without a toll pass – failure to accurately follow directions avoiding a toll was my fault entirely. I’m in the US enough that I always have USD cash, but the machine required exact change. So I’m digging through my purse, sorting out US coins from Canadian (yes, the machines can tell the difference), and…I dropped my wallet on the floor of the car, at night, with cars starting to line up behind me. I scraped up all my change but was still somehow 10 cents short, so I continued digging around under the seat with cars honking. Eventually the person behind me walked up to my car and gave me the dime. I was mortified and next time will just blow through the toll pass lane and work out the fine later.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.