Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Anxious about flying? Distract yourself. Sitting and thinking about all the things that could go wrong on a flight is a recipe for an anxiety attack. Get your mind off of potential issues by reading, watching a movie, working, knitting…. Basically doing anything is way, way better than nothing. Sometimes when I’m feeling particularly nervous about something I am unable to focus enough to be productive, so I read instead of pretending to work. To read more about anxiety and flying read this post.
Week in review:
- For so long I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by strong smelling food on planes. Turns out it bothers others as well! Does it bother you? Poll: Does it annoy you when people bring strong smelling food on flights?
- A friend of mine rented a car on an extended business trip but didn’t sign up for the rewards program. Don’t let that happen to you! Here are common rewards programs signup links. Common rewards programs signup links.
- With Valentine’s Day just around the corner don’t forget to take advantage of shopping portals. Don’t forget shopping portals for Valentine’s.
- A dead battery is something that every business traveler has to deal with at some point. Here are some ways to stay powered up on the road. Power on the road.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- They aren’t messing around. Don’t steal that fluffy towel, hotels may be tracking you with linen chip. via @FoxNewsTravel
- This guy would know! 5 ways to earn elite status with little or no flying. via @USATodayTravel
- Sounds good to me. Delta now serving Starbucks coffee on all flights. via @USATodayTravel
- Doesn’t sound like an easy fix. A giant security gap at U.S. airports? Most workers not screened daily. via @CNNTravel
- Bookmark this! Seven Secrets To Cutting To The Front Of Your Airline’s Customer Service Line. via @ s
- I’ve experienced many of these. Have you? The Scary Health Effects of Flying. via @YahooTravel
Comments of the week:
- This week I wrote a post about power on the road. @Sara is our comment of the week and said “My husband and I live internationally now (Argentina) and before we left we bought these charging blocks:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HPUB4WQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HPUB4WQ&linkCode=as2&tag=roadwarri-20&linkId=MJQCEPOARCSHHAKZ They are perfect for charging on the go because we just bring two of the charge cord plugs–one for the US, one for Argentina. With four USB slots, we can get all of our phones and tablets charged quickly and easily.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.