Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Check the weather. No matter where you’re traveling to be sure to always check the weather forecast the night before. Weather can affect what you pack, when you depart, the rental car you choose, and many other things. Staying on top of the weather forecast will help eliminate frustrating surprises. If you think your flight may get delayed due to weather have a plan b in place. I also recommend if you are going to be traveling internationally to check travel alerts through the State Departments website. Weather.com might give a one hundred percent chance of rain in their ten day outlook but that forecast won’t mention a typhoon is on the way. The State Department is good about weather related warnings like these so I always check out their alerts before I travel internationally.
Week in review:
- Is it ever okay to have a conversation on speakerphone in public? Cell phone calls in public places.
- Flying in the winter means coats everywhere. What do you do with your coat while flying? Etiquette tip: Wait to put your coat in the overhead bin!
- Two or more destinations on your next business trip? Here is an example of packing for different climates.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Great for Delta fliers that check their bag. Delta tests 20-minute ‘guarantee’ for checked bags. via @USATODAYTravel
- Ha ha 🙂 . Guy removes shoes at airport checkpoint — then proceeds to take off rest of clothes, get naked. @USATodayTravel
- Good for Delta. Delta Airlines is giving its employees a $1.1 billion reward. @YahooFinance
- Good tips for staying safe on the road. 10 important safety tips for travelers. @USATodayTravel
- I agree with most of these. 6 must-have accessories for a long flight. @USATodayTravel
Comments of the week:
- This week I wrote a post about cell phone calls in public places. @laptop nomad is our comment of the week and said “I have a policy that I do not take calls at dinner or when I am talking to a person face to face. That is what voice mail is for. I was getting a haircut the other day, and my phone went off. My stylist asked if I was going to get it I said no that voice mail will handle it. She was amazed that she stated I was the first not to answer the phone while in her chair. I stated that her time was valuable just as mine is the call is nothing that I can’t handle after I leave in a few minutes I saw her smile that also made me happy.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.