Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- During winter it feels like every molecule of my body just dries up. Between the lack of humidity and the changing temperatures all the moisture
in my skin just disappears. When this happens it’s important to take care of your hands. On top of all of the environmental factors, frequent winter handwashing can strip the skin in your hands of even more moisture. Lady Light Travel sent me an email recommending Honey House Natural Solid Lotion—she said it goes on slightly sticky but absorbs into your skin, and that it’s water-resistant so you don’t have to reapply after every wash. The best time to apply is when your skin is damp. (If it’s too late and your hands are already cracking, try these dry skin repair tips.)
Week in review:
- Airport security can be one of the most frustrating parts of travel! Here are some of my biggest gripes and a few suggestions for dealing with them. 3 things people dislike about airport security & what to do about it.
Delta Air Lines this week began a trial for a twenty minute guarantee on checked baggage when flying domestically. Here are my tips for checking luggage. Delta 20 minute Checked Bag Guarantee.
- A recent article on USA Today gave five shameless tricks for free airport lounge access. They may be shameless, but are the tricks any good? My thoughts on “shameless tricks for free airport lounge access”
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- If you plan to buy a cheap Southwest ticket soon using Rapid Rewards Points I recommend doing so before April 17, 2015. Southwest devalues points for free flights. via @USATODAYTravel
- Your questions answered. Five myths about carry-on bags. via @USATodayTravel
- Some tips to consider using. Go green: Tips for eco-friendly travel. via @foxnewstravel
- Miles giveaway! Million Mile Secrets Blog Giveaway: 20,000 Alaska Airlines Miles! END’S TODAY!!! via @MilMileSecrets
Comments of the week:
- This week I wrote a post with my thoughts on a USA Today story providing shameless tricks for free airport lounge access. @DaninMCI is our comment of the week and said “Most of this is outdated like getting an upgrade when dressed nice.One trick I would use is when offered a voucher to take a later flight for say $500, ask them to include a day pass or two along with it. It cost them nothing if they have the authority.””
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.