Hey readers! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- I highly recommend you apply for TSA Pre-Check (or Global Entry if you travel internationally). The lines are typically much faster so it takes a lot of the guesswork out of preparing how long it will take to get through security. Plus there is the added convenience of not having to take your shoes off or take your laptop out of your bag. If you don’t want to fork up the money for this or are waiting for your application to get approved, consider trying out the MiFlight app. It uses social sharing to provide the average time it’s taking to get through security. I personally haven’t used it because it’s not available at my airport (and because I have TSA Pre-Check) but it’s highly rated in the iTunes app store.
Week in review:
- While there are plenty of beauty products I use both at home and on the road, here are my favorite travel beauty products I only use when I’m gone. Top 3 Travel Beauty Items
- Sure, sometimes it’s easier to forego a business trip for a phone call. But nothing can replace the power of face to face meetings. Why business travel is so important.
- What was going on this time in years past? Posts from the past.
- When you’re on the road for an extended period of time you can see a lot crazy things. Drama during extended stays.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- For a different perspective on hotel stays. Hotel secrets: Front desk managers tell all. via @USATodayTravel
- Oh, the joys of flying. What happens to you on a plane: Scary health effects of flying. via @FoxNewsTravel
- Interesting article on Wi-Fi cost. Why you want to pay way more for inflight Wi-Fi (seriously). via @USATodayTravel
- What a weird story. First they announced $15 trans-Atlantic flights, then they weren’t sure how it could have happened….. RyanAir backtracks: No $15 US flights after all. via @USATodayTravel
Comment of the week:
- This week I did a post about why business travel is so important. @Brian is our comment of the week and said “I have worked at two german companies over the last 20 years. I’ve lived in Mexico for 2.5 years, Korea for 4 years. I’ve travelled to japan more than 25 times and china more than 50. I’ve crossed the Canadian border more than 200 times and according to my passport, I’ve entered the EU 32 times. This statement about meeting someone new and the vested relationship that results, is absolutely true. Sometimes we don’t realize it or acknowledge it, but face to face gives someone else a stake in your success. This means the world to people that will accept dependence on an ambitious new comer.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!