Truth be told, after summer seemingly lasted forever here in Texas, I am really glad it is cold. Okay, yes, ‘cold’ for us is different than cold for a lot of the US. But even when traveling to actual cold places (Chicago, for example) I am relieved to not have to deal with unrelenting heat and humidity. That being said, I don’t love what winter does to my hair and skin.
It feels like I spend all winter figuring out how to manage my super-dry skin and flat hair. The constant change between cold outside and heat inside, plus the dry air, play havoc with the moisture balance in my beauty routine. And don’t even get me started on how terrible airplane air is for my skin and hair! This year, however, I had the good luck to get some awesome recommendations (and Christmas gifts). So instead of wasting the next two months finding solutions only to have the heat come back in April, I can confidently say my beauty routine is winter-proofed! Or at least, way better than it was.
Here are my favorite travel beauty products for winter.
- Phyto Instant Volume Travel Set. Flat, winter hair stands no chance against the Phyto Instant Volume set. Phyto makes amazing hair products, and the Instant Volume trio is no exception. My blow-out lasted several days, with plenty of body and height, despite travel, hats, and wind.
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Travel Dryer. This thing is amazing. Dries my hair in half the time of my regular hairdryer, which is amazing for a travel dyer. I bought it because someone recommended the full-sized version, but I wanted to try it without shelling out the $100. I will definitely be buying the full-size! My hair is shiny, and when used with the Phyto Instant Volume spray looks awesome for days.
- Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum. I’ve been struggling with a random dry patch between my eyebrows for a couple of months now, and this stuff knocked it out after two applications. It’s not a moisturizer—you definitely still need that—but if you put it on after cleansing your skin it will fix any problem areas. Love, love, love.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask. This came as a sample with one of my Sephora purchases, and when it runs out I will certainly be buying the regular size. After using this mask my face looked radiant and felt smooth and soft.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. A fellow twin mom recommended this to me when I complained about my hands drying out from washing so many darn baby bottles. I used it once, and could see my skin starting to repair itself within 12 hours. After a week you couldn’t tell that washing baby bottles is like a second job. I tried it on my face during a trip and I experienced none of the usual air-travel dryness. Keeping it with me at all times now!
Readers, are you using any amazing travel beauty products these days?
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!