I promised this a long time ago, and now I am delivering!
I have gone through several toiletry phases in my traveling days, but I am by far happiest with the system I have now. I have my two bags, my clear plastic 1-quart size bag with liquids and my cute travel kit with my non liquids. I have also tried many different brands of toiletries, and here is what I use (and love) now.
- Face wash, toner, moisturizer (one of them)–Juice Beauty Organics To Go travel set. This has the Cleansing Milk, Hydrating Mist (which is GREAT for long flights), and the Moisturizer (which I mix with a tinted moisturizer, see this post). Before I switched to Juice Beauty I used a traditional cleansing set made with traditional ingredients. About a year ago I started replacing all of my beauty regimen with organic products made without parabens or pthalates. I was a little anxious about how my skin would react, but after a few weeks of transition time my skin has never looked better!
- Contact solution–I use Opti-free Replenish in the tiny little bottle.
- Body wash–I am not that picky about this. A few hotels (thanks Marriott!) give away good body wash on certain floors, so I always snag one (or a few) whenever I stay there. If I run out of those I will just pour whatever I am currently using into a reusable bottle.
- Toothpaste–I like Crest. It comes in small containers and makes me feel minty fresh.
- Deodorant–I have recently found out that deodorant is not considered a liquid! Yes!! So now my deodorant goes in my other bag. I use Secret Soft Solid in Powder Fresh.
- Lotion–Sometimes I will take this from the hotel if I need a lot, but I have found that hotel lotions just don’t work all that well. My favorite right now is CO Bigelow Rosemary Mint Superb Body Lotion. Smells so good and moisturizes my poor airplane-dry air abused skin. And I just found out it’s been discontinued. Dangit!
- Shampoo and conditioner–I am lucky that I have curly hair that I only need to wash three times a week or so. Often I don’t need to bring any shampoo and conditioner with me at all. On those long trips, or trips where I will be swimming, I bring my usual shampoo and conditioner in reusable containers. I use Phyto and I love, love my hair stuff. My hair looks better than it ever has and feels better than it ever has. I use Phytolactum shampoo and Phytojoba conditioner.
- Tinted moisturizer–I use Korres Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturiser SPF 30, and mix it with the Juice Beauty Oil-free Moisturizer. Works great.
- Hair smoother–Since I do have curly hair, sometimes I have to smooth it a teensy bit. I use Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream.
- Eye cream–on those days when my eyes need a little bit more help I use Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Pen. Feels cool coming out and soothes my travel-weary (and puffy) eyes.
- Face cleansing cloths–I bring a few Korres Pomegranate Cleansing and Makeup Removing Wipes for nights when I get in really late or am feeling lazy. Which happens sometimes.
I have found that having your familiar beauty routine when traveling helps keep your skin and hair looking their best. It’s also very comforting!! Using things that smell familiar (and delicious) can make you feel at home, wherever you are.
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.