Reader M is possibly a genius. She has put together a personal amenities kit that would thrill any frequent flier. When she sent me the incredible list of what is included, I didn’t believe that she could fit it together in a way that was practical for travel. Then she sent me pictures, and I became a believer. While it would take a while to put together, this kit would make you feel like you’re in first class even in the last row of coach. And it is more compact than you would believe. She said flight attendants’ eyes “bug out” when she unpacks it, because of the amount of things that come out of this plastic case and because of how cool it is.
M starts with a plastic case, like what you get when you buy a sheet. Then she includes:
- White linen napkin
- Silver napkin ring
- Placemat (made out of lovely cloth so it’s foldable, and altered with elastic to grab the airplane tray)
- Silver-coated plastic fork, knife and spoon
- Chopsticks (in case she finds sushi in the airport)
- Tin of tiger balm
- Packet of Advil
- Lip balm
- Small toothbrush (Colgate wisp)
- Cucumber eye pads, and fragrant moisturizing face wipes, in a ziplock
- Eye drops
- A suction cup clip, for the window ( to hold your reading material – more accessible than the pocket)
- Soft socks (or compression socks)
- Inflatable pillow
- Small pashmina
- Ginger candies/raisins/other dried fruit, in a ziplock
- Fancy tea bags (ask the flight attendant for hot water only)
- Energy bar
Here is what it looks like all spread out:
And here it is packed:
So far everything has gotten through TSA just fine, even the eye drops. I can’t imagine what else I would add-maybe gum? or my hydrating face spray? If you add a pashmina, you would be good to go for just about any length of trip. This list is pretty darn comprehensive, and the suction cup for reading material is brilliant.
Readers, what would you add?
ETA: Unfortunately, this kit is not something that M is selling, it is just something she put together for herself. Sorry to get your hopes up! Although I would certainly buy one if it were available….