A few months ago, I got an email from Reader E.
I am what my husband calls a “competitive” packer and I am always looking for ways to carry less, be more efficient and travel lighter. I now have my entire makeup routine in stick form which is so great for carry on, durability and longevity. It also helps to minimize spills. When I get to the hotel I always have to take my make up out of my cosmetic case and transfer it to a glass in the bathroom so the sticks are upright and easy to use. I kept wanting a makeup bag that stood up but alas…none to be found. Then I remembered a pencil case I bought years ago when my kids were younger that stands up on a desk! Ah ha… that would be perfect for my makeup, I thought!! So I’ve been waiting for the school supplies to come out and yesterday when I was in Target I saw the pencil pouch I’ve been wanting. Now I have a stand up makeup bag and holder all in one and it costs under $5.00.
This is so, incredibly clever. This answers several common issues that business travelers have. First, it packs compactly. Second, nothing can spill. Third, it transfers easily from suitcase to bathroom counter. And I can’t tell you how many emails I get asking about which makeup counts as liquid—with a pencil, none of it is considered liquid! A great trick for women who travel for work.
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous original mascara in black
- Clinique chubby stick shadow tint for eyes in lots o’ latte
- Clinique chubby stick shadow tint for eyes in bountiful beige
- Nars stick blush in G-SPOT
- Mac Studio Eye Brows in stud
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in medium1
- Stila stay all day Waterproof liquid eyeliner in intense black
- L’Oreal Paris 16 hour Infallible Never Fail eyeliner in black brown
- Pixi Eye Bright Liner in nude
- Mac lip pencil in spice
- Nars Lip Liner Pencil in Jungle Red
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!