A couple months ago I mentioned a new blog I’m following, Travel Fashion Girl. She has great packing advice for all kinds of trips. One of her rules/suggestions/recommendations is that you only pack 10 pieces plus accessories. Challenge accepted!
Here are the ten pieces I consider critical:
- 1 dress
- 2 pairs of pants
- 3 shirts
- 1 cardigan
- 1 blazer
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 pair of flats
With these pieces you could make enough outfit combinations for weeks. Here are just a few combinations I came up with:
The individual pieces are:
- Lands End black sheath ($69)
- Gap Perfect Pinstripe Trouser ($60)
- Banana Republic Martin gray pants ($98)
- Banana Republic Dark Denim shirt ($70)
- Banana Republic Pixel Print blouse ($80)
- Halogen ¾ Sleeve Cardigan ($46)
- Express Polka Dot shirt ($59)
- Old Navy Ponte Knit Blazer ($40)
- Kelsey Dagger January Boot ($150)
- Touch of Honey flat ($30)
I actually think ten is too many for only one week, but is the perfect amount for two weeks. Of course, I would have loved to add just one more pair of shoes!
Readers, how many pieces do you usually travel with?