IF you think about it, business travel products can get pretty pricey. Luggage, electronics, beauty items, clothing, and others things can really eat at your bank account if you’re not careful. Sometimes I will have to save up for high priced travel items for months before I can afford them, and sometimes have to wait for Christmas or my birthday to score something. Luckily not everything travel related is high priced. Here’s a list of 10 travel products for $20 or less that I use all of the time for travel.
- Jackery mobile charger. Many airplanes have places to charge your devices, but the one time you count on it is the one time there won’t be one. A portable charger takes up the same amount of room as a lipstick but will charge your phone or other small device twice. This is on sale today for $19.95 on Amazon and is prime eligible.
- Belkin SurgePlus 3-Outlet Travel Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports. If you want to be the star of your next conference (or your next airplane waiting room, for that matter) pack a surge protector in your bag. There are never enough plugs! This is on Amazon today for $19.11 and is prime eligible.
- Samsonite Luggage Inflatable Neck Pillow. For me, nothing is more frustrating than being exhausted on a plane and not able to sleep. A neck pillow will allow you to sleep comfortably and wake refreshed when you get to your destination. This is on Amazon today for $9.99 and is prime eligible.
- Sakkas Lightweight Pashmina. I think the pashmina may be the most useful, versatile item you can pack when traveling. It has so many uses! Blanket on cold planes, scarf to jazz up an outfit, sarong for over a swimsuit….I could go on and on. This is on Amazon today for $13.99 and is prime eligible.
- Premium Open Toe Terry Spa Slippers. Airplane floors are dirty. Use these slippers so you don’t have to put your shoes on every time you want to get up on the plane. They also will keep your feet warm, they feel soft, and it adds to that “cozy” feeling that can help you sleep. This is on Amazon today for $5.75.
- Jockey Women’s Skimmies Short Length Slipshort. I have long been a proponent of wearing shorts under skirts and dresses on travel days. It makes so much sense, alleviating concerns about getting close and personal with the TSA, sudden gusts of wind, and accidentally flashing someone when putting your bag in the overhead bin. The Jockey Skimmies provide a solid layer beneath skirts and dresses that combats all these issues. They offer multiple lengths and colors. You can find this on Amazon today for $20.
- White Noise Lite app. The White Noise Lite app has saved the day for me on countless occasions. I use it with my headphones to sleep on the plane, I use it when I have loud neighbors at the hotel, I use it when it’s too quiet at a hotel, and I even use it every night to help the Mini Warrior sleep. You can find this on Amazon today for free.
- Contact Lens Case (Pack of 3). Contact lens cases are good for other things besides contacts. I use them to put small amounts of liquids in for things such as face wash, eye cream, moisturizer, and primer. They go in my toiletry bag at all times. A pack of three is on Amazon today for $3.97.
- Belkin retractable Ethernet cable and adapter. Having trouble with connecting to your hotel Wi-Fi network? It happens to all of us. See if your hotel has an old school hard-wired connection to connect via Ethernet cable. You’ll often see these connections on or near the desk in your room. Connecting via Ethernet provides a much smoother and faster connection. I recommend a long compact retractable Ethernet cable such as this eight foot one from Belkin. Sometimes the hotel will have a non-removable Ethernet cable built in to the wall or desk. Problem with this is the cable is often not very long which doesn’t give you a lot of flexibility on where you work in your room. When this happens you’ll need an adapter to connect your longer cable to the hotels Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable is $8.99 on Amazon today, and the adapter is $1.17.
- Contigo Autospout Addison Water Bottle, 24-Ounce. I love my Contigo water bottle. It is made of BPA-free plastic, it’s leak proof, shatter resistant, and is top-rack dishwasher safe. Plus, it is so freaking easy to use with one hand—just push the button and the spout pops up. Drink from it like you would a straw, then press the spout back down. This is great for travel—just drop it in your briefcase or personal item and refill once you go through security. This is on Amazon for $12.99 today and is prime eligible.
***Prices subject to change
So Readers, there you have it. Ten items that will help make your next business trip a breeze without the sticker shock.
Readers, what business travel product would you recommend under $20?
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.