Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
The start of a new year often brings reflection about hopes, plans, and goals. 2016 was pretty difficult, with multiple deaths in the family and a lot of really hard change. Needless to say, any resolutions I had did not happen!
Now that things have (hopefully) calmed down a bit, I’m ready to put some goals on paper. Most of these are travel-related, although there are a couple of non-travel goals. There are so many things I want to do, but I’m trying to be realistic as I don’t have a ton of time, and traveling with two 18-month olds is EXTREMELY HARD. Back before kids my resolution list would be something like, take two vacations! Travel to Europe! Hahahaha. Not anymore! Someday we’ll get back to that, right??
Here are my (realistic) travel-related resolutions for 2017:
- Status with Marriott. We recently got the Chase Marriott credit card with the 80k point bonus. One of the great things about that card is that you get 5 points for every dollar spent at Marriott. Time to make a switch! I’ve been Gold with Hilton for the last several years, but will be shooting for Gold with Marriott this year.
- Go on an anniversary vacation. Last year was our 10-year wedding anniversary. The babies were young so we didn’t have anything major planned, but we did have grandparents scheduled to keep the kiddos for 24 hours. Unfortunately, my grandmother died that week and her service was on our anniversary. I am really hoping that this year we can get away somewhere for 4 days or so and just relax. That 80k Marriott bonus should help! (Perhaps Puerto Rico, pictured?)
- Figure out the best way to travel with the kiddos. Deep sigh. Travel with mobile, active, delightful yet destructive 18-month old twins is so hard. That being said, both the Home Warrior and I have family in North Texas and it would be great to be able to visit them. So we need to figure out how to make trips with the kids manageable and not, well, awful.
- Take care of my skin. I admit, I’ve taken the easy (bad!) route on my trips lately and fallen into bed without washing my face. This year I will do better!! I’m going to try some different things to make it easier–right now wipes and cleansing water are on my list. But I am open to suggestions if you’ve got them!
- Be more active on trips. My business trips this past year were so jam packed that I got out of the habit of exercising during travel. And let’s be honest, in 2015 I wasn’t exercising on trips either since I was pregnant with twins. 2017 is going to be different! I promise myself I will be more active while traveling this year.
- Redefine my style. Over the past couple of years my body has changed, thanks to both bad changes from twin pregnancy (boo) and good changes from weight-loss (yay!). This year I want to figure out what styles work with my new body and comfort level. The comfort part is especially important with regards to travel. What looks good? Also important, what feels right?
Non travel-related, I also really want to learn how to change a light fixture. We moved this year and there are so many fixtures I want to change out! It’s the little things, right?
Readers, what are your resolutions this year, both travel and non-travel?
Be sure to check out my page with products I recommend for travel!
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. That means if you click on something and make a purchase I may make a few cents. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.