A few weeks ago I went on my first trip in five months. I was pretty anxious, but had a plan in place. I was going to re-read some key blog posts, give myself extra time, figure out the “new-mom” stuff, and make a very specific list of what to pack. I was only gone for one day, so didn’t actually need that much clothing. That made it way easier than it could have been!
- Outfit for work (black pants, nursing shirt, cardigan, black coat, pink flats)
- Travel outfit (jeans, sneakers, gray tee, maroon long sweater)
- PJs (yoga pants, tank, long sleeved tee)
- Toiletries, makeup, curling iron
- Jewelry (turquoise necklace and earrings)
- New-mom stuff
- Tablecloth for trade show
- Thank you notes (sigh, still trying to finish them)
- Wallet, keys, lip balm
- Cooler, bottles, ice packs
- Office supplies (notepad, pen, usb key, headset)
- Comfort items (tea, Splenda, Emergen-C)
Honestly, it was a tight fit. My pump took up half of my freaking suitcase, and I had to fit the cooler in my purse. If I have to bring clothes for more than one day I will have to be super creative about getting everything in. My trip this week is two days, but since I’m wearing my work clothes on the plane I only have to pack enough for one day. We’ll see what happens on my first longer trip….
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.