Hey readers, Happy New Year! Got a question or something you want to discuss this weekend? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Whether you want to share an interesting travel story, a packing tip, an etiquette tip, or anything else going on in the business travel world, comment here and we’ll have a discussion.
Travel tip of the week:
- Keeping a toddler happy on a plane can be challenging experience. The Mini Warrior has his ups and downs when he’s on a plane with the Home Warrior and me. He’s excited about being on a plane for a brief period of time, but once he discovers he can run up and down the aisle the excitement of being on a plane wares off. That’s until we bust out NEW TOYS! Have a few new toys for each leg of your trip plus some coloring supplies to give to your toddler and you just might make it through the flight without a screaming fit.
Week in review:
- A recent CNN article discusses how certain restaurants are moving to a no-tipping environment. What are your thoughts? No-tipping policy?
- It seems like this time of year sickness just runs rampant. Here are tips for staying well on the road. Staying well on the road.
- It has been an interesting year on the blog, with plenty of comments, debates, & interesting anecdotes. Here are 4 of the posts with the best discussions from 2014. Most debated topic this year: Etiquette.
- Travel and winter can wreak havoc on your skin. Here are my tips for beating dry skin before it starts! Preventing dry skin during travel.
Here are travel news stories that caught my eye this week:
- Some good tips from the NY Times. 8 Ways to Save on Travel in 2015. via @NYTimesTravel
- Some awkward events from this year. Skimpy pics and terrible tweets: Biggest airline fails of 2014. via @FoxNewsTravel
- Eating healthy a New Year’s resolution? See which airlines have the healthiest food. via @USATodayTravel
- Get ready for musical chairs. DOT harmonizes rules for musical instruments on flights. via @USATodayTravel
- Lots to look forward to in aviation in 2015. 2015: The year ahead in aviation. via @CNNTravel
- Great roundup of some of my favorite Corporette posts from this year. Top Posts of 2014 (By Page Views). via @corporette
Comments of the week:
- This week I wrote a post on the possibility of more restaurants moving towards a no tipping policy and @Jim wrote “It will be a hard sell here in the US. I have been to countries in Europe where tipping is virtually nonexistent (Italy) to minimal (France) to half what it is here (Ireland). The wait staff are paid a living wage and waitering is a job you can do for a career. But here, it’s just become so ingrained in the culture that I can’t see it changing any time soon.”
Readers, chime in with what’s on your mind! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Be sure to check out my page with the best travel toiletries according to readers
Have a travel question or suggestion? Send it to RW @RoadWarriorette.com.
This post may include affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.