After I left several things at home during a recent trip because I didn’t make a list, I decided it would be a good idea to put together a comprehensive list for travel. Everything I need to pack, possible extra items depending on time of year or weather, and my pre-trip to do list. Although this list seems pretty comprehensive, I will continue to refine as necessary. From now on, before every trip, I’m going to just glance at it. This way, regardless of how busy I am or any personal crises, I will hopefully remember everything I need for my next trip!
On every trip:
- Skirt or pants for every two days
- Top for every day
- Flip flops/sneakers (depending on time of year)
- Two pairs of work shoes
- Sleep clothes
- Workout clothes
- Socks (if needed)
- Curling Iron
- Purse stuff: wallet, keys, phone, lipstick
- Any necessary itinerary papers (especially for international travel)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Hydrating mist
- Eye cream (spare contacts case)
- Moisturizer (spare contacts case)
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Contact case and solution
- Hair cream (spare contacts case)
To do before a trip:
- Check weather at destination
- Pick seats on plane
- Print boarding pass
- Apply for upgrade
- Check toiletry levels
- Pack travel purse
- Set Out of Office message
- Confirm hotel and car reservations
Readers, anything on your list that I missed?
Download our free Business Trip Packing Checklist and never forget a thing!
Not sure what to pack for your business trip? No problem! Use our checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a successful trip.